Apply for up to $20,000 in research funding
We believe design has the power to create environments that elevate the human experience. The ONEder Grant fuels that belief by supporting unique research into new and evolving learning in the field of workplace design. Since its introduction in 2019, the ONEder grant program has awarded fourteen $20,000 grants to A/D firms across Northern California and Washington state resulting in unique, relevant, and timely research. Research from our 2021 winners can be found on our main ONEder Grant page and all previous work is available for reference in the ONEder Grant Archives.
We invite you to submit a 2022 ONEder Grant proposal application starting April 14th. We will award up to $20,000 for each grant to selected Bay Area, Sacramento and Washington state design firms.
One Workplace is committed to advancing diversity and environmental stewardship within our organization, our suppliers and our industry. To make that commitment more tangible, we've introduced a theme for the ONEder Grant 2022. All proposals should address some aspect of the ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) Framework.
ONEder Grant proposals are judged against a published set of criteria, by a panel of judges comprised of past grant winners. One Workplace leadership and Corporate Real Estate/ESG professionals.
April 14, 2022 Application available
July 1, 2022 Proposal Submission
July 4 - July 15, 2022 Judges Review
July 13, 2022 All firms present 3 minute online proposal overviews
July 18, 2022 Grant Award Notification
July 20, 2022 Kick-off event and 50% Grant Award Disbursement
Oct 21, 2022 Second 50% Grant Award Disbursement
Jan 20, 2023 Final written research and abstract due
Feb 2023 Team Podcast Recordings
Mar 2023 Community presentation
- Applicant offices must be based in the following geographies. One of the SF Bay Area counties: Santa Clara, Alameda, San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Solano, San Mateo, Monterey, or Contra Costa; Sacramento regional area; or Washington state.
- Online Grant application must be submitted by 5:00 pm July 1, 2022.
- All grant applicant teams share proposal concepts verbally (2-3 minute presentation) on Jun 23, 2022. No presentation materials required.
- Grant recipients receive funding in two payments: 50% at Kick-off and 50% halfway through the program.
- Grant recipients are required to meet monthly with their Grant Program coach to review status and resources.
- Final submission of research findings include a written report (white paper or slide deck,) and a single page abstract.
- Grant teams own their work product.
- Grant teams will record ONEder podcasts once projects are complete, prior to the presentation date.
- One Workplace and Grant design firms will co-brand and co-market all ONEder Grant results.
- Grant teams deliver final research and insights to the design community (presentation format and length to be determined closer to the presentation date.)