Apply for up to $20,000 in research funding
We believe design has the power to create environments that elevate the human experience. The ONEder Grant fuels that belief by supporting unique research into new and evolving learning in the field of workplace design. Since the ONEder Grant Program was introduced in 2019 to support this research, nine $20,000 grants have been awarded to A/D firms across Northern California resulting in unique, relevant, and timely research. All are available for reference in the ONEder Grant Archives.
We invite you to submit a 2021 ONEder Grant Proposal application. We plan to award seven grants worth up to $20,000 each to Bay Area, Sacramento, and Washington state design firms.
ONEder Grant proposals are judged against a published set of criteria, by a panel of judges comprised of past Grant winners, One Workplace leadership and Corporate Real Estate/Workplace professionals.
- April 1, 2021: Application available
- June 18, 2021: Proposal Submission
- June 18 - July 8, 2021: Judges Review
- June 25, 2021: Firms share submission idea online in a 2-3 minute presentation
- July 9, 2021: Grant Award Notification
- July 15, 2021: Kick-off event and 50% Grant Award Disbursement
- Oct 19, 2021: Second 50% Grant Award Disbursement
- Jan 20, 2022: Final written research and abstract due
- Mar 2022: Community presentations
- Applicant offices must be based in one of the SF Bay Area counties: Santa Clara, Alameda, San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Solano, San Mateo, or Contra Costa; Sacramento regional area; or Washington state.
- Online Grant application must be submitted by 5:00 pm June 18, 2021.
- All grant applicant teams share proposal concepts verbally (2-3 minute presentation) on Jun 25, 2021. No presentation materials required.
- Final submission of research findings include a written report, white paper or slide deck, and a single page abstract.
- Grant recipients receive funding in two payments: 50% at the Kick-off and 50% halfway through the program.
- Grant recipients are required to meet monthly with a Grant Program coach to review status and resources.
- Grant teams deliver final research and insights in a 45 minute presentation to the design community.
- Grant teams own their work product
- One Workplace and Grant design firms will cobrand and comarket all ONEder Grant results